- 2 Composition Notebooks (Students will be creating Interactive Science Notebooks - ISNs)
- Glue or Glue Sticks - Students need to use them EVERY DAY. Stock up on a bunch for the school year. We use glue everyday on all papers.
- Colored Pencils or Crayons.
- Loose Notebook Paper
- Inexpensive Hand Sharpener
- Ear Buds - Students will need these when we use the computers to listen to the online textbook or watch subject related videos. Having their own prevents germs. Ear buds are sold at the dollar store.
Extra Credit: Donate boxes of tissue and/or a large container of disinfectant wipes for the class.
New Unit: Nature of Science and Technology
MONDAY - First Day of School.
Bell Work- (Write in Science Interactive Notebook ISN - Kept in science classroom; can be brought home, as needed.)
Interest Inventory / Discuss procedures / Start ISN Cover
Homework: Bring pencil, scissors, glue & crayons or colored pencils. / Extra credit: Bring Kleenex & disinfectant wipes.
TUESDAY -Bell Work- Sweet Potato
Set up Interactive Science Notebook (ISN) / Handout Course Description / Give Me Five activity - 6th & 7th hour
Homework: Course Description Due Signed 9/10 / Bring supplies / Extra credit: Bring Kleenex & disinfectant wipes
Bell Work- Sweet Potato
Give Me Five activity - 3rd & 8th hour /Discuss ISN Visual Rubric 1-4
Homework: Course Description Due Signed 9/9 / Bring supplies / Extra credit: Bring Kleenex & disinfectant wipes
THURSDAY - Bell Work - Sweet Potato
Scholastic Science World with worksheet. Read two articles and use them to complete the worksheet. (Need to finish? Go to https://scienceworld.scholastic.com/ and find another article to read & write about.)
FRIDAY - NO SCHOOL